Visual display of reservoir parameters affecting enhanced oil recovery. Second quarterly report, [January 1, 1994--March 31, 1994] [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 9 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Michigan Technological University, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This project will provide a detailed example, based on a field trail, of how to evaluate a field for enhanced oil recovery (EOR) operations utilizing data typically available in a field that has undergone primary development. The approach will utilize readily available, affordable computer software and analytical services. This study will illustrate the steps involved in (1) integration of data typically available for gas and oil fields with predictive models for reservoir alteration and (2) linking these data and models with modem computer software to provide 2- and 3-D visualizations of reservoir geometry, facies and subsurface, stratigraphy, original oil in place, present (estimated) oil in place, and measured and model parameters. The Michigan Technological University (MTU) group continued work on sample measurement and prepared for technology transfer of results at the June AAPG meeting in Denver D. Schueler is developing a program to store and display the results of our project in an interactive format using the MacroMind Director multimedia program. All project data, results and reports will be integrated in this medium and the final product will be a CD ROM which can be distributed to interested parties as part of our technology transfer effort. X-ray Diffraction (XRD: R. Kramer) and Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR: N. Popko) analysis of samples from one of the Pioneer wells have begun and spreadsheets and graphics to record and display the results have been developed.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 04/01/1994., "doe/bc/14892--2", "DE94013887", "AC0540000", and Wood, J.R.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Quarterly; 01/01/1994 - 03/31/1994
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14356516