Uniform communications software using TCP/IP [electronic resource].
- Batavia, Ill. : Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, 1989. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 5 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Data acquisition applications at Fermilab require a reliable, distributed communication system for downloading, diagnostics, control, and data distribution. TCP/IP over Ethernet was chosen because of its uniform user interface and commercial availability for a number of processors and operating systems. This paper describes our software and hardware support for TCP/IP on VAX/VMS, VME/pSOS, FASTBUS/pSOS, and Unix systems. It includes plans to provide a portable, hardware independent implementation of TCP/IP based on Berkeley BSD software. 8 refs., 3 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/01/1989., "fnal/c-89/133", " conf-890545-13", "DE89016332", 6. conference on real-time computer applications in nuclear, particle and plasma physics, Williamsburg, VA, USA, 15-19 May 1989., and Oleynik, G.; Bernett, M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14356667