Peer review, basic research, and engineering [electronic resource] : Defining a role for QA professionals in basic research environments
- Batavia, Ill. : Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, 1989. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 11 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Within the context of doing basic research, this paper seeks to answer four major questions: (1) What is the authority structure of science. (2) What is peer review. (3) Where is the interface between basic physics research and standard engineering. and (4) Given the conclusions to the first three questions, what is the role of the QA professional in a basic research environment like Fermilab. 23 refs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 02/01/1989., "fnal/c-89/36", " conf-8809334-1", "DE89011083", 16. annual conference of the American Society for Quality Control and Energy, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA, 12 Sep 1988., and Bodnarczuk, M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14356786