Columbia River Coordinated Information System (CIS); Information Needs, 1992 Technical Report [electronic resource].
- Portland, Ore : United States. Bonneville Power Administration, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 166 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Idaho. Department of Fish and Game, United States. Bonneville Power Administration, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Successful application of adaptive management to rebuilding the Columbia Basin`s anadromous fish resources requires that available information and experience be organized and shared between numerous organizations and individuals. Much of this knowledge exists only in unpublished form in agency and individual files. Even that information which is published in the form of technical and contract reports receives only limited distribution and is often out of print and unavailable after a few years. Only a small fraction of the basin`s collective knowledge is captured in permanent and readily available databases and recognized journals. State, tribal, and federal fishery managers have recognize these information management problems and have committed to a program, the Coordinated Information System Project, to capture and share more easily the core data and other information upon which management decisions are based. That project is now completing the process of scoping and identification of information needs. Construction of prototype systems will begin in 1992. This report is one in a series of seven describing the results of the Coordinated Information on System scoping and needs identification phase.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/bp-94402-7
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Petrosky, Charlie; Kinney, William J.; Rowe, Mike.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 05/01/1993 - 05/01/1993
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14356955