Program adaptation and program transformation [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1979. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 19 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Library software should be adaptable in order to be efficient for use in production programs. This report discusses the automatic generation of an executable program from a high-level abstract specification; in the process, the generated program can be tailored to the program environment in which it will be used. Principles behind program adaptation and transformations (rewrite rules that manipulate the nontextual representation of the computer program) are given. (RWR)
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1979., "conf-790483--1", Workshop on practice in software adaptation and maintenance, Berlin, F.R. Germany, 5 Apr 1979., and Boyle, J. M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14357000