Advanced computing technologies and opportunities in nuclear science and engineering [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 7 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The development and utilization of advanced computing and communications technologies are accelerating rapidly, particularly under the influence of the recently initiated Federal High Performance Computing and Communications Program. The nuclear power industry has traditionally been on the forefront of such advanced computing technologies. This paper will illustrate several of the developments and future opportunities for utilization of these technologies for addressing grand challenges of the nuclear power industry. The specific capabilities of evolving scientific workstations, network based computing and parallel processing will be illustrated.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:anl/otd-er/cp--78639
E 1.99: conf-930372--9
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
1993 international simulators conference on high performance computing,Arlington, VA (United States),29 Mar - 1 Apr 1993.
Weber, D.P.; Rudsinski, L.E.; Karlovsky, S.R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14357020