Diffusion-accelerated solution of the 2-D S[sub n] equations with bilinear-discontinuous differencing [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (13 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A new diffusion-synthetic acceleration scheme is developed for solving the 2-D S[sub n] equations in X-Y geometry with bilinear- discontinuous finite-element spatial discretization. This method differs from previous methods in that it is unconditionally efficient fore problems with isotropic or weakly anisotropic scattering. Computational results are given which demonstrate this property.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1993., "la-ur-93-293", " conf-930404--7", "DE93008793", International topical meeting on mathematical methods and supercomputing in nuclear applications (M C+SNA '93), Karlsruhe (Germany), 19-23 Apr 1993., and Morel, J.E.; Wareing, T.A.; Dendy, J.E. Jr.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14357077