The best solution to our Nation`s waste management problem [electronic resource] : Education
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 2 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In addition to the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) being the best solution today to the Nation`s problem of permanent storage of transuranic radioactive waste produced by the defense industry, WIPP is also involved in finding the solution for another national problem: the education of our youth. The youth of America have grown up thinking that science and math are too hard, or not interesting. We, the parents of our Nation`s leaders of tomorrow, must find a solution to this dilemma. It is the mission of the Waste Isolation Division Educational Programs to create programs to promote quality education in the classroom and to enhance each student`s interest in mathematics and the sciences.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/31/1992., "doe/wipp--91-041c", " conf-920307--96", "DE93017920", Waste management `92,Tucson, AZ (United States),1-5 Mar 1992., and Mikel, C.J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14357107