Database computing in HEP. Progress report [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 5 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The major SSC experiments are expected to produce up to 1 Petabyte of data per year each. Once the primary reconstruction is completed by farms of inexpensive processors. I/O becomes a major factor in further analysis of the data. We believe that the application of database techniques can significantly reduce the I/O performed in these analyses. We present examples of such I/O reductions in prototype based on relational and object-oriented databases of CDF data samples.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/31/1992., "anl-hep-tr--92-129", "DE93011765", and Grossman, R.; May, E.; Liu, D.; Day, C.T.; Price, L.E.; MacFarlane, J.F.; Baden, A.; Lusk, E.; Lifka, D.; Qin, X.; Loken, S.; Cormell, L.; Song, T.; Nixdorf, U.; Leibold, P.; Scipioni, B.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 12/31/1992 - 12/31/1992
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14357115