Confidence intervals for the odds ratio in case-control studies [electronic resource] : the state of the art
- New York, N.Y. : Columbia University. School of Public Health, 1978.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Columbia University. School of Public Health and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Many approximate procedures are available for setting confidence limits around the odds ratio in a four-fold table. A number of them are analyzed according to three criteria: close agreement between the actual and the nominal confidence levels; exact agreement with a hypothesis test for or against significance; and relative simplicity in calculation. The procedure due to Cornfield comes closer to satisfying all three criteria than any of the others examined. Formulas are provided for an iterative solution to Cornfield's equations.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:coo-2874-45
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14357196