Development of accurate standardized algorithms for conversion between SRP grid coordinates and latitude/longitude [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1987. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Savannah Rive Plant (SRP) is a nuclear production facility operated by E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Co. for the United States Department of Energy. SRP is located along the Savannah River in South Carolina. Construction of SRP began in the early 1950`s. At the time the plant was built, a local coordinate system was developed to assist in defining the locations of plant facilities. Over the years, large quantities of data have been developed using ``SRP Coordinates.`` These data include: building locations, plant boundaries, environmental sampling locations, waste disposal area locations, and a wide range of other geographical information. Currently, staff persons at SRP are organizing these data into automated information systems to allow more rapid, more robust and higher quality interpretation, interchange and presentation of spatial data. A key element in this process is the ability to incorporate outside data bases into the systems, as well as to share SRP data with interested organizations outside as SRP. Most geographical information outside of SRP is organized using latitude and longitude. Thus, straightforward, accurate and consistent algorithms to convert SRP Coordinates to/from latitude and longitude are needed. Appropriate algorithms are presented in this document.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 10/12/1987., "dpst--87-724", "DE92015816", Hayes, D.W.; Looney, B.B.; Marsh, J.T. Jr., and Du Pont de Nemours (E.I.) and Co., Aiken, SC (United States). Savannah River Lab.
- Funding Information:
- AC09-89SR18035 and AC09-76SR00001
View MARC record | catkey: 14357270