Gilbert Newton Lewis [electronic resource] : his influence on physical-organic chemists at Berkeley
- Berkeley, Calif. : Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 1982.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 39 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A review is presented of the historical contributions of Gilbert N. Lewis to science and a discussion of the influence of Lewis on the research of the members of the physical-organic staff at Berkeley, including Melvin Calvin, during the twenties, thirties and forties. Some specific examples are discussed. Also, the effect of Lewis, his science and administrative concepts in the creation of excellence in a department of chemistry are reviewed.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:lbl-14213
E 1.99: conf-8103132-1
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
183. national meeting of the American Chemical Society, Las Vegas, NV, USA, 31 Mar 1981.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14357480