Rationale of the ratio image in multispectral remote sensing [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, 1977. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 13 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A simple mathematical interpretation of the properties of ratio images derived from LANDSAT and other sources of multispectral imagery is presented. A spectral signature is defined which is well represented by ratios of pairs of spectral bands and can be related to the problem of clustering and unsupervised learning. Some practical problems arising in the generation of LANDSAT ratio images are considered, and an effective, simple method for reduction of the dynamic range of such images is presented along with digital image processing examples. 6 figures.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1977., "la-ur-77-2688", " conf-771206-21", Digital signal processing symposium, Albuquerque, NM, USA, 6 Dec 1977., and Breedlove, J.R. Jr.; Wecksung, G.W.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14357625