Unique applications of personal computers in the welding environment [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1990. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The personal computer was found to be useful in supporting a variety of welding applications: 3-D representation of crack propagation using CADD software, storage and retrieval of photographic data using an image capture board, automated positioning of the welding electrode for GTA welding, interactive computer based voice communication for welding operations, surface temperature measurements of welded structures, and inventory control of weld material through use of bar codes.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/31/1990., "wapd-t--2936", " conf-9004371--1", "DE94001763", 71. American Welding Society (AWS) annual meeting,Anaheim, CA (United States),22-26 Apr 1990., and Glickstein, S.S.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14357912