Development of a mathematical model of a packed column for benzene removal from salt solutions [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1989.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 9 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Savannah River Company
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A mathematical model of a packed column was developed to describe the removal of benzene from radioactive salt solutions at the Savannah River Site. The model was developed from existing, generalized mass transfer correlations for randomly dumped packing, and the correlations were adapted for structured packing. Thermophysical data specific to the solutions of interest were incorporated into the model. Verification of the code was completed using operating data from stripping columns at other locations.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
1990 Society for Computer Simulation (SCS) Eastern multiconference,Nashville, TN (United States),23-26 Apr 1990.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14358154