Progress in MELCOR development and assessment [electronic resource].
- Rockville, Md. : U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 1995. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 9 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- MELCOR models the progression of severe accidents in light water reactor nuclear power plants. Recent efforts in MELCOR development to incorporate CORCON-Mod3 models for core-concrete interactions, new models for advanced reactors, and improvements to several other existing models have resulted in release of MELCOR 1.8.3. In addition, continuing efforts to expand the code assessment database have filled in many of the gaps in phenomenological coverage. Efforts are now under way to develop models for chemical interactions of fission products with structural surfaces and for reactions of iodine in the presence of water, and work is also in progress to improve models for the scrubbing of fission products by water pools, the chemical reactions of boron carbide with steam, and the coupling of flow blockages with the hydrodynamics. Several code assessment analyses are in progress, and more are planned.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 04/01/1995., "sand--95-0561c", " conf-941074--2", "DE95009590", 21. water reactor safety information meeting, Washington, DC (United States), 25-27 Oct 1994., and Smith, R.C.; Cole, R.K. Jr.; Summers, R.M.; Thompson, S.L.; Kmetyk, L.N.; Elsbernd, A.E.; Stuart, D.S.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14358181