OMNI development of an engineering product data management system [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1989. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (28 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The increasing use of computers in engineering design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM) has been accompanied by the need to effectively manage the data produced, and the applications that produce the data. This paper presents an integrated engineering product data management system (PDMS) called OMNI. OMNI manages the product data, and controls access to the various CAD/CAM applications used to produce engineering data. OMNI is based on a relational data base (RTIRIM) and a FORTRAN interface between the data base, the operating system, and the engineering application programs. 9 refs., 6 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1989., "la-ur-89-3474", " conf-900837--1", "DE90002407", ASME international conference on computers in engineering, Boston, MA (USA), 5-9 Aug 1990., and Los Alamos National Lab., NM; Miranda, A.S.; Locke, T.M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14358344