Sloshing analysis of tanks containing multiple fluid layers [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 10 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The effect of liquid density changes in high level radioactive liquid waste storage tanks is studied. The density variations with the liquid depth is modeled by layers of piece wise constant densities. A computational formulation based on the finite element method is presented. The computer code FLUSTR-ANL has been modified for the analysis of the sloshing response under seismic excitation.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/01/1994., "anl/re/cp--80865", " conf-940752--3", "DE94013333", 5. U.S. national conference on earthquake engineering,Chicago, IL (United States),10-14 Jul 1994., and Uras, R.A.; Tang, Yu.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14358407