Implementation, verification, and validation of the FPIN2 metal fuel pin mechanics model in the SASSYS/SAS4A LMR transient analysis codes [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The metal fuel version of the FPIN2 code which provides a validated pin mechanics model is coupled with SASSYS/SAS4A Version 3.0 for single pin calculations. In this implementation, SASSY/SAS4A provides pin temperatures, and FPIN2 performs analysis of pin deformation and predicts the time and location of cladding failure. FPIN2 results are also used for the estimates of axial expansion of fuel and associated reactivity effects. The revalidation of the integrated SAS-FPIN2 code system is performed using TREAT tests.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
International topical meeting on the safety of advanced reactors,Pittsburgh, PA (United States),18-20 Apr 1994.
Kramer, J.M.; Sofu, T.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14358495