LAHET Code System/CINDER`90 validation calculations and comparison with experimental data [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 19 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The authors use the Los Alamos LAHET Code System (LCS)/CINDER`90 suite of codes in a variety of spallation neutron source applications to predict neutronic performance and as a basis for making engineering decisions. They have broadened their usage of the suite from designing LANSCE and the next generation of spallation neutron sources for materials science and nuclear physics research to designing a target system for Accelerator Production of Tritium and Accelerator Transmutation of Waste. While designing, they continue to validate the LCS/CINDER`90 code suite against experimental data whenever possible. In the following, they discuss comparisons between calculations and measurements for: integral neutron yields from a bare-target of lead; fertile-to-fissile conversion yields for thorium and depleted uranium targets; dose rates from the LANSCE tungsten target; energy deposition in a variety of light and heavy materials; and neutron spectra from LANSCE water and liquid hydrogen moderators. The accuracy with which the calculations reproduce experimental results is an indication of their confidence in the validity of their design calculations.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
12. International collaboration of advanced neutron sources meeting (ICANS),Abingdon (United Kingdom),24-28 May 1993.
Wilson, W.B.; Russell, G.J.; Beard, C.A.; Daemen, L.L.; Pitcher, E.J.; Brun, T.O.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14358536