Processing of FENDL-PA/1.1 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 195 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Fusion Evaluated Nuclear Data Library (FENDL) is an evaluated nuclear data library based upon the best evaluations from the world community. The library is maintained by the Nuclear Data Section of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). However, before the data can be used in computer codes, it must be processed into the appropriate format. The library containing the transmutation (or activation) cross sections that are part of FENDL is designated as FENDL-PA (P designating pointwise). The evaluations in Version 1.1 of this activation library were selected in the following two steps. For the most important reactions (∼250), consultants to the IAEA compared evaluations submitted for consideration with experimental data. These evaluations included those from ENDF/B, JEF, BROND, JENDL, as well as ``complete`` activation libraries, such as EAF and REAC. The consultants then chose the ``best`` evaluation for each of the reactions. The evaluations for the remaining (∼12,000) reactions were taken from EAF-3. The pointwise FENDL-PA/1.1 activation library was processed into two formats. Continuous energy format as used by the Monte Carlo neutron/photon transport code MCNP. ASCII 175 group multigroup format as used by the transmutation code REAC*2/3.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:whc-ep--0727
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Carter, L.L.; Mann, F.M.; Lessor, D.E.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 02/01/1994 - 02/01/1994
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14358540