Selecting an authoring system 1988 [electronic resource] : How the vendors make it more difficult
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1988.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 8 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The information and demonstration packages provided by vendors of authoring systems are not adequate to make a thorough evaluation of the product. Usually, data critical to the evaluation process is absent in favor of detailed descriptions of features of the system. The difficulties we encountered in evaluating authoring systems prompted several recommendations for vendors to include in their packages. These recommendations include allowing the prospective customer to actually use the system, providing information on instructional strategies and sequences that can be achieved with the system, and expanding the information provided on computer-managed instruction (CMI) capabilities and applications. The paper does not include any reference to specific vendors or systems, for the purpose is to increase awareness of a specific problem in the field. 12 refs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
30. international conference of the Association for the Development of Computer-Based Instructional Systems (ADCIS), Philadelphia, PA, USA, 7 Nov 1988.
Trainor, M.S.; Schultejann, P.A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14358649