Accurate monotonicity-preserving cubic interpolation [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1982.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 22 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A simple and effective algorithm to construct a monotonicity-preserving cubic Hermite interpolant for data with rapid variations is presented. Constraining the derivatives of the interpolant according to geometric considerations makes the interpolant consistent with local monotonicity properties of the data. Numerical examples are given that compare the quality and accuracy of the proposed interpolation method with other standard interpolants.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Hyman, J. M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14358689