Assessment of full power turbine trip start-up test for C. Trillo 1 with RELAP5/MOD2. International Agreement Report [electronic resource].
- Rockville, Md. : U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 60 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Office of Nuclear Regulatory Research
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- C. Trillo I has developed a model of the plant with RELAP5/MOD2/36.04. This model will be validated against a selected set of start-up tests. One of the transients selected to that aim is the turbine trip, which presents very specific characteristics that make it significantly different from the same transient in other PWRs of different design, the main difference being that the reactor is not tripped: a reduction in primary power is carried out instead. Pre-test calculations were done of the Turbine Trip Test and compared against the actual test. Minor problems in the first model, specially in the Control and Limitation Systems, were identified and post-test calculations had been carried out. The results show a good agreement with data for all the compared variables.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Moreno, P.; Lopez, A.; Lopez, E.; Lozano, M.F.; Santamaria, J.G.; Novo, M.; Larrea, E.; de la Cal, C.
View MARC record | catkey: 14358772