Comparison of analytical transport and stochastic solutions for neutron slowing down in an infinite medium [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (10 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A comparison of the numerical solutions of the transport equation describing the steady neutron slowing down in an infinite medium with constant cross sections is made with stochastic solutions obtained from tracking successive neutron histories in the same medium. The transport equation solution is obtained using a numerical Laplace transform inversion algorithm. The basis for the algorithm is an evaluation of the Bromwich integral without analytical continuation. Neither the transport nor the stochastic solution is limited in the number of scattering species allowed. The medium may contain an absorption component as well.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:egg-m-92468
E 1.99: conf-930404--8
- Published through SciTech Connect.
International topical meeting on mathematical methods and supercomputing in nuclear applications (M C+SNA '93), Karlsruhe (Germany), 19-23 Apr 1993.
Wemple, C.A.; Jahshan, S.N.; Ganapol, B.D.
EG and G Idaho, Inc., Idaho Falls, ID (United States)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14358927