THE ELECTRON-RING ACCELERATOR PROGRAM AT LRL [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 1968. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 15 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A progress report is presented on the activities at LRL in connection with electron-ring accelerators. A two-stage compressor unit (employing only low-intensity beams) has been built, and operated with a 4-MeV 100-mA linac as an injector. Electron rings have been formed and compressed from 20 cm radius to 7 cm radius. A three-stage compression unit has been constructed and is now under test with the high intensity (200 A) 3.3-MeV beam of the Astron injector. The apparatus is described. Design work on a magnetic expansion unit is reported.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 10/01/1968., "ucrl-18498", USSR National Particle Accelerator Conference, Moscow, USSR, 10/9-16/1968., Peterson, J.M.; Perkins, W.A.; Baker, W.R.; Keefe, D.; Avery, R.T.; Sessler, A.M.; Lambertson, G.R.; Hartwig, E.C.; Salsig, W.W.; Hernandez, H.P.; Chupp, W.W.; Voelker, F.; Luccio, A.U.; Laslett, L.J.; Allison Jr., R.W., Accelerator&, and Fusion Research Division
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14359021