Evacuation research [electronic resource] : A reassessment
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Defense, 1992.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (84 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States. Department of Defense, United States. Federal Emergency Management Agency, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- During the 1985 review of several plants technical specifications the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) staff found that the protection system designs of some plants did not provide as complete a degree of online (at power) protection system surveillance testing capability as other plants undergoing staff review and evaluation at that time. This raised questions about the online testability of protection systems and the possibility that some nuclear power plant designs may not provide for complete online testing of their protection systems. Therefore, Generic Safety Issue (GSI)-120, Online Testability of Protection Systems'' was initiated. Project scope was limited to the Engineered Safety Features (ESFs) instrumentation and control testing. The major issue of concern relative to the resolution of GSI-120 deals with those ESF systems/components that cannot be tested during power operation, as actuating these systems/components could result in unwanted plant transient or trip conditions. These systems/components are tested during shutdown conditions. This report provides analysis and evaluation findings based on the review of selected issues necessary for the resolution of GSI-120. It also provides recommendations to close out GSI-120 and that no new requirements be placed on licensees of commercial light water nuclear power plants.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ornl/tm-11908
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Sorensen, J.H.; Vogt, B.M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14359036