Simple example of track finding by Fourier transform and possibilities for vector or optical processors [electronic resource].
- Argonne, Ill. : Argonne National Laboratory, 1986.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 7 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Simple examples of finding tracks by Fourier transform with filter or correlation function are presented. Possibilities for using this method in more complicated real situations and the processing times which might be achieved are discussed. The method imitates the simplest examples in the literature on optical pattern recognition and optical processing. The possible benefits of the method are in speed of processing in the optical Fourier transform wherein an entire picture is processed simultaneously. The speed of a computer vector processor may be competitive with present electro-optical devices. 2 refs., 6 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Summer study on the physics of the superconducting super collider, Snowmass, CO, USA, 23 Jun 1986.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14359074