A fast reactor transient analysis methodology for PCs [electronic resource] : Volume 3, LTC program manual of the QuickBASIC code
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 57 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This manual augments the detailed manual of the GW-BASIC version of the LTC code for an application in QuickBASIC. As most of the GW-BASIC coding of this program for ``LMR Transient Calculations`` is compatible with QuickBASIC, this manual pertains primarily to the required changes, such as the handling of input and output. The considerable reduction in computation time achieved by this conversion is demonstrated for two sample problems, using a variety of hardware and execution options. The revised code is listed. Although the severe storage limitations of GW-BASIC no longer apply, the LOF transient path has not been completed in this QuickBASIC code. Its advantages are thus primarily in the much faster running time for TOP and LOHS transients. For the fastest PC hardware (486) and execution option the computation time is reduced by a factor of 124 compared to GW-BASIC on a 386/20.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Ott, K.O.; Chung, L.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 06/01/1992 - 06/01/1992
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14359177