Nuclear Regulatory Commission programs are supported by the technology resources of the Engineering Physics Information Centers [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1986.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 4 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The Engineering Physics Information Centers (EPIC) at Oak Ridge National Laboratory have two activities which support NRC Programs, the Radiation Shielding Information Center (RSIC) and the Technical Data Management Center (TDMC). The older of the two, RSIC, was established in 1963 as an Information Analysis Center in the general field of radiation shielding, transport, and protection. It has multiple agency funding to acquire, evaluate, organize, and distribute information (including computing technology and numerical data) relevant to its field. The TDMC was established in 1978 to perform work for NRC in fields not related to RSIC's subject coverage and to perform tasks beyond the normal level of activity for RSIC. The two centers share administrative functions, physical premises, specialists skills, and computing resources. The NRC/ADM/TIDC monitors the cosponsorship of RSIC for coverage of agency-wide interests and plans, directs, and coordinates the work of the TDMC, including the establishment of TDMC as the agency-wide repository for packaged computer-related technical information products. The contract monitor is Myrna L. Steele.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
14. water reactor safety information meeting, Gaithersburg, MD, USA, 27 Oct 1986.
White, J.E.; Roussin, R.W.; Hatmaker, N.A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14359267