A comparison of predicted and observed turbulent wind fields present in natural and internal wind park environments [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1991.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (10 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This paper assesses the accuracy of simulated wind fields for both the natural flow and that within a wind park environment. The simulated fields are compared with the observed ones in both the time and frequency domains. Actual measurements of the wind fields and the derived kinematic scaling parameters upwind and downwind of a large San Gorgonio Pass wind park are used. The deviations in the modeled wind field from the observed are discussed. 10 refs., 6 figs., 2 tabs.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:nrel/tp-257-4508
E 1.99: conf-9109112--2
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
21. American Wind Energy Association conference: windpower '91, Palm Springs, CA (United States), 24-27 Sep 1991.
Kelly, N D; Wright, A D.
National Renewable Energy Lab., Golden, CO (United States)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14359490