Calculations of pair production by Monte Carlo methods [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1991. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (26 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We describe some of the technical design issues associated with the production of particle-antiparticle pairs in very large accelerators. To answer these questions requires extensive calculation of Feynman diagrams, in effect multi-dimensional integrals, which we evaluate by Monte Carlo methods on a variety of supercomputers. We present some portable algorithms for generating random numbers on vector and parallel architecture machines. 12 refs., 14 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1991., "conf-9106262-2", "DE91017153", 3. International Association of Mathematics and Computers Simulation (IMACS) symposium on computational acoustics, Cambridge, MA (United States), 26-28 Jun 1991., and Strayer, M.R.; Bottcher, C.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14359732