Database management system for instrument data management [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Defense Programs, 1990.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (5 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Savannah River Company
United States. Department of Energy. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Defense Programs
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Data from many measuring devices throughout the Savannah River Site (SRS) is transmitted to a central location for processing as a vital component in the SRS emergency preparedness and response program. The data processing is currently accomplished using VAX-based FORTRAN programs with the data stored in Digital's Record Management System (RMS) files which is shared using global COMMON. A program is underway to store and process this data using a Structured Query Language (SQL)-based Database Management System (DBMS). The advantages of replacing the current system with one using an SQL-based DBMS are discussed.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
1990 computer symposium, Pittsburgh, PA (USA), Oct - Nov 1990.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14360040