Application of relaxation techniques to the factorization of iterative procedures. Progress report [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1976.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 51 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Relaxation techniques which have been used in connection with the factorization iterative methods are reviewed. Known properties are summarized, and new ones are obtained. A precise meaning is given to the notion of iterative procedures of order q, and the two-parameters overrelaxation technique of Woznicki is shown to be a factorization iterative method of the second order; some consequences of this fact are developed. Other results include the refinement of known properties of the extrapolation principle and estimations of the powers of the Oliphant relaxation technique for consistently ordered matrices and of the Chebyshev technique for Stieltjes. 4 figures.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/01/1976., "coo-2280-12", Beauwens, R., and Northwestern Univ., Evanston, Ill. (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14360087