Code-to-code benchmarking of SPEEDUP[trademark] versus WATFAM [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (30 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Savannah River Company
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- SPEEDUP[trademark] is a state-of-the-art, dynamic, chemical process modeling package offered by Aspen Technology. In anticipation of new customers needs for new analytical tools to support the site's waste management activities, SRTC has secured a multiple-user license to SPEEDUP[trademark]. In order to verify the modeling constructs in SPEEDUP[trademark], identical representations of the 2H Evaporator system were set up in SPEEDUP[trademark] and the current tank farm model WATFAM. These calculations augment earlier work on numerical benchmarking in establishing an on-site quality assurance pedigree for Speedup[trademark]. The dynamic response of the 2H Evaporator system (comprising of the evaporator itself, the evaporator feed Tank 43, the concentrate receipt Tank 38, the supernate recycle between Tanks 38 and 43, and the evaporator overhead) was tracked through a typical 50 day scenario. The initial and boundary conditions for both the SPEEDUP[trademark] and WATFAM representations were defined identically. The recycle control algorithms were defined very differently for the two models, as required by the two different language constructs, SPEEDUP[trademark] versus FORTRAN. During those intervals of time when the recycle dynamics in the two models could be constrained consistently (i.e., during the initial 40 days), the responses of the two codes were in excellent agreement. This constitutes a validation of the modeling constructs in SPEEDUP[trademark] versus WATFAM, and vice versa.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14360118