Hybrid least squares method [electronic resource].
- Argonne, Ill. : Argonne National Laboratory, 1976. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 21 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A hybrid algorithm is developed which blends two different approximations to the Hessian, the Levenberg--Marquardt approximation and Davidon's Optimally Conditioned Quasi-Newton approximation, through adaptively chosen parameters. The aim is to study how to combine effectively two different models of the function which are deduced from the available information. A particular implementation is discussed. Also test results and comparisons against the Levenberg--Marquardt and Davidon's Quasi-Newton method, which correspond to limiting cases of the hybrid algorithm.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1976., "anl-amd-tm-254(rev.)", and Nazareth, L.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14360142