Physics and numerics of the tensor code (incomplete preliminary documentation) [electronic resource].
- Livermore, Calif : Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 1982.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 91 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The present TENSOR code is a descendant of a code originally conceived by Maenchen and Sack and later adapted by Cherry. Originally, the code was a two-dimensional Lagrangian explicit finite difference code which solved the equations of continuum mechanics. Since then, implicit and arbitrary Lagrange-Euler (ALE) algorithms have been added. The code has been used principally to solve problems involving the propagation of stress waves through earth materials, and considerable development of rock and soil constitutive relations has been done. The code has been applied extensively to the containment of underground nuclear tests, nuclear and high explosive surface and subsurface cratering, and energy and resource recovery. TENSOR is supported by a substantial array of ancillary routines. The initial conditions are set up by a generator code TENGEN. ZON is a multipurpose code which can be used for zoning, rezoning, overlaying, and linking from other codes. Linking from some codes is facilitated by another code RADTEN. TENPLT is a fixed time graphics code which provides a wide variety of plotting options and output devices, and which is capable of producing computer movies by postprocessing problem dumps. Time history graphics are provided by the TIMPLT code from temporal dumps produced during production runs. While TENSOR can be run as a stand-alone controllee, a special controller code TCON is available to better interface the code with the LLNL computer system during production jobs. In order to standardize compilation procedures and provide quality control, a special compiler code BC is used. A number of equation of state generators are available among them ROC and PMUGEN.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Burton, D.E.; Bryan, J.B.; Lettis, L.A. Jr.; Frary, N.R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14360191