Toward automatic control of particle accelerator beams [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1988.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 16 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We describe a program aiming toward automatic control of particle accelerator beams. A hybrid approach is used, combining knowledge- based system programming techniques and traditional numerical simulations. We use an expert system shell for the symbolic processing and have incorporated the FORTRAN beam optics code TRANSPORT for numerical simulation. The paper discusses the symbolic model we built, the reasoning components, how the knowledge base accesses information from an operating beamline, and the experience gained in merging the two worlds of numeric and symbolic processing. We also discuss plans for a future real-time system. 6 refs., 6 figs.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:la-ur-88-1200
E 1.99: conf-880853-1
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
3. international conference on applications of artificial intelligence in engineering, Stanford, CA, USA, 8 Aug 1988.
Schultz, D.E.; Silbar, R.R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14360492