Automation of particle accelerator control [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1988.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 6 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We have begun a program aiming toward automatic control of charged-particle beam optics using artificial intelligence programming techniques. In developing our prototype, we are working with LISP machines and the KEE expert system shell. Our first goal was to develop a 'mouseable' representation of a typical beamline. This responds actively to changes input from the mouse or keyboard, giving an updated display of the beamline itself, its optical properties, and the instrumentation and control devices as seen by the operator. We have incorporated the Fortran beam optics code TRANSPORT for simulation of the beam. The paper describes the experience gained in this process and discusses plans to extend the work so that it is usable, in real-time, on an operating beamline. 11 refs., 2 figs.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:la-ur-88-1058
E 1.99: conf-880719-4
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
ASME international computers in engineering conference and exhibition, San Francisco, CA, USA, 31 Jul 1988.
Schultz, D.E.; Silbar, R.R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14360500