Distributed data access in the LAMPF (Los Alamos Meson Physics Facility) control system [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1987. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 4 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- We have extended the Los Alamos Meson Physics Facility (LAMPF) control system software to allow uniform access to data and controls throughout the control system network. Two aspects of this work are discussed here. Of primary interest is the use of standard interfaces and standard messages to allow uniform and easily expandable inter-node communication. A locally designed remote procedure call protocol will be described. Of further interest is the use of distributed databases to allow maximal hardware independence in the controls software. Application programs use local partial copies of the global device description database to resolve symbolic device names.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1987., "la-ur-87-811", " conf-870302-35", "DE87007498", Particle accelerator conference, Washington, DC, USA, 16 Mar 1987., and Schaller, S.C.; Bjorklund, E.A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14360689