Fire models for assessment of nuclear power plant fires [electronic resource].
- Rockville, Md. : U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 1989.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (15 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This paper reviews the state-of-the-art in available fire models for the assessment of nuclear power plants fires. The advantages and disadvantages of three basic types of fire models (zone, field, and control volume) and Sandia's experience with these models will be discussed. It is shown that the type of fire model selected to solve a particular problem should be based on the information that is required. Areas of concern which relate to all nuclear power plant fire models are identified. 17 refs., 6 figs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
10. international conference on Structural Mechanics in Reactor Technology (SMIRT), Anaheim, CA (USA), 14-18 Aug 1989.
Nowlen, S.P.; Nicolette, V.F.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14360921