Computer program to fit a hyperellipse to a set of phase-space points in as many as six dimensions. [HELIPS, and COFAC to determine derivatives of determinants, in FORTRAN] [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory, 1980.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 14 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A computer program that will fit a hyperellipse to a set of phase-space points in as many as 6 dimensions was written and tested. The weight assigned to the phase-space points can be varied as a function of their distance from the centroid of the distribution. Varying the weight enables determination of whether there is a difference in ellipse orientation between inner and outer particles. This program should be useful in studying the effects of longitudinal and transverse phase-space couplings.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14361331