FORTRAN programs for data fitting using orthogonal polynomials. [ORFIT, FIT, and TFIT, for PDP-11] [electronic resource].
- Urbana, Ill. : University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1978.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 44 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The use of orthogonal functions in least-squares data fitting is discussed, and a FORTRAN subroutine (ORFIT) which uses orthogonal polynomials in data fitting is presented. Also described are two FORTRAN programs for fitting data which use the subroutine ORFIT. The first one, FIT, is a general-purpose data fitting program. The second one, TFIT, is specifically intended for use in calibrating cryogenic germanium resistance thermometers. TFIT fits lnT to a polynomial in lnR (where T and R are the temperature and resistance, respectively).
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14361438