JULIAN [electronic resource] : a Monte-Carlo Hauser--Feshbach program for evaporation from compound nuclei. [ALICE inaccuracies].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Energy Research and Development Administration, 1977. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 11 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Energy Research and Development Administration, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A historical introduction is given to evaporation calculations. The program ALICE is discussed; it apparently has a feature which is ''patently incorrect'' and it should be ignored, it is seemingly considered useless even by the authors. The code JULIAN is considered in some detail; in particular, the handling of the Monte Carlo technique by a method that is quite fast is explained. The method allows considerable flexibility. 4 figures, 1 table. (RWR)
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1977., "bnl--22746", " conf-770523--7", Symposium on neutron cross sections 10-40 MeV, Upton, NY, USA, 3 May 1977., and Eyal, Y.; Hillman, Manny.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14361492