MATCH package for the ANL three-view geometry program. [For matching particle tracks from various views to obtain proper input for TVGP] [electronic resource].
- Argonne, Ill. : Argonne National Laboratory, 1976. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 80 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The ANL MATCH package consists of a set of 13 subroutines which are linked to the current 12-foot and 15-foot versions of the ANL TVGP program. Their purpose is to match the tracks from the various measured views to obtain a proper matched set of tracks to be processed by TVGP. The MATCH package can effectively handle up to 20 tracks per event measured in 2 or 3 views and, in cases of ambiguous match solutions, allow up to 10 match ambiguities. A basic assumption made is that the same number of tracks is measured in each view. MATCH can work in either two or three measured views with the assumption that, if only two views are measured, the last point measured on each track is a good representation of the true end-point of the track. This is not to say that, if this assumption is false, that MATCH cannot obtain a match solution. It is true, however, that the probability of obtaining a match solution is inversely proportional both to the number of tracks per vertex and to the momentum of the tracks. Current uses of MATCH are in obtaining match solutions for two-view K/sup -/p (6.5 GeV/c) events measured on POLLY III and in obtaining match solutions for events with large numbers of tracks (3 to 10) produced by an anti ..nu.. p interaction in the FNAL 15-foot bubble chamber with a spectrum of momentum values ranging from 5 to 25 Gev/c. (RWR)
- Published through SciTech Connect., 02/01/1976., "anl/hep/pr-76-11", and Gieraltowski, G.F.
View MARC record | catkey: 14361528