Uncertainties Affecting BOSFN for the Mark 15 Assembly [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2001.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- vp : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Savannah River Site, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Technical and transient protection limits are specified on the nominal burnout safety factor, BOSFN, to avoid significant release of fission products caused by local film boiling burnout. The risk of fission product release, BOR, due to film boiling burnout is statistically determined where allowances are made to account for differences between the nominal assembly and the actual assembly. This report describes the calculational model behind BOR and how the specific numerical values were estimated. The data listed in this report enable damage calculations with COBAD to be performed for the Mark 15 assembly.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:dpst-83-597
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 08/09/2001 - 08/09/2001
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14362714