The 1997 NRC IST workshops and the status of questions and issues directed to the ASME O and M committee [electronic resource].
- Rockville, Md. : U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 1998.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 11 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This paper describes the results of the four NRC Inservice Testing (IST) Workshops which were held in early 1997 pertaining to NRC Inspection Procedure P 73756, Inservice Testing of Pumps and Valves. It also presents the status of the ASME code committees` resolution of certain questions forwarded to the ASME by the NRC. These questions relate to code interpretations, inconsistencies in the code, and industry concerns that are most appropriately resolved through the ASME consensus process. The ASME committees reviewed the questions at their December 1997 and March 1998 code meetings. Of particular interest are those questions for which the ASME code committees did not agree with the NRC response. These questions, as well as those which the committees provided some additional insight or input, are presented in this paper.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
5. Nuclear Regulatory Commission/American Society of Mechanical Engineers symposium on pump and valve testing, Washington, DC (United States), 20-23 Jul 1998.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14362972