INTERCOMPARISON OF RESULTS FOR A PWR ROD EJECTION ACCIDENT [electronic resource].
- Rockville, Md. : U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 1999.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 14 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This study is part of an overall program to understand the uncertainty in best-estimate calculations of the local fuel enthalpy during the rod ejection accident. Local fuel enthalpy is used as the acceptance criterion for this design-basis event and can also be used to estimate fuel damage for the purpose of determining radiological consequences. The study used results from neutron kinetics models in PARCS, BARS, and CRONOS2, codes developed in the US, the Russian Federation, and France, respectively. Since BARS uses a heterogeneous representation of the fuel assembly as opposed to the homogeneous representations in PARCS and CRONOS, the effect of the intercomparison was primarily to compare different intra-assembly models. Quantitative comparisons for core power, reactivity, assembly fuel enthalpy and pin power were carried out. In general the agreement between methods was very good providing additional confidence in the codes and providing a starting point for a quantitative assessment of the uncertainty in calculated fuel enthalpy using best-estimate methods.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl--nureg-67156
E 1.99: 401001060
- Published through SciTech Connect.
27TH WATER SAFETY INFORMATION MEETING, WASHINGTON, DC (US), 10/01/1999.
JO,J.; SIDOROV,V.; ARONSON,A.; DIAMOND,D.J.; ROYER,M.E.; ANIEL,S.; AVVAKUMOV,A.; MALOFEEV,V.; FERRARESI,P.; GOUIN,C.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14363510