A modular approach to the design of cold moderators [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1998.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 17 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Cold moderators are usually designed to the specific requirements of the parent neutron source. However since all cryogenic moderators within a broad design envelope require certain common parameters, it should be possible to create a central core design served by smaller packages designed, or selected to satisfy a wide range of individual requirements. This paper describes a modular design philosophy that has been applied to two very different cold sources with only minor changes to two of the modules in the system. Both of the systems and the basic differences between them are described in detail.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ornl/cp--99364
E 1.99: conf-980680--
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
ICANS: 14. conference on the international collaboration on advanced neutron sources, Argonne, IL (United States), 14-19 Jun 1998.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14363652