U.S./Russian cooperative efforts to enhance nuclear MPC&A at VNIITF, (Chelyabinsk-70) [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Defense Programs, 1999.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 399 Kilobytes : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Defense Programs
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The work described here is part of an effort called the Nuclear Materials Protection, Control, and Accounting (MPC&A) Program, a cooperative program between the US Department of Eenrgy (DOE) and Russia's Ministry of Atomic Energy (MinAtom). The objective of the program is to reduce the risk of nuclear proliferation by strengthening MPC&A systems at Russian nuclear Facilities. This paper describes that portion of the MPC&A program that is directed specifically to the needs of the All Russian Scientific Research Institute of Technical Physics (VNIITF), also called Chelyabinsk-70. A major MPC&A milestone was met at VNIITF when the MPC&A improvements were commissioned at the Pulse Research Reactor Facility in May of this year.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
21st Symposium on Safeguards and Nuclear Material Management, European Safeguards Research and Development Association (ESARDA), Seville, Spain, May 4-6, 1999.
Curtis, D; Apt, K; Blasy, J; Abramson, B; Bukin, D; Churikov, Y; Eras, A; Magda, E; Neymotin, L; Slankas, T; Tsygankov, G; Zuev, V; Shultz, F; Tittemore, G.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14364278